Our 2015 "Plant a Seed in Chestnut Hill" Community Campaign has officially launched. Between now and April 25th we are trying to raise $17,000 to support programs, infrastructure and technology at the J.S. Jenks Academy for the Arts and Sciences. Specifically, the funds will be designated to support J.S. Jenks' STEM and Arts focus, along with infrastructure improvement, matching a recent $17,000 donation from the Chestnut Hill Business Improvement District's Residential Fund.
We believe that a strong neighborhood public school is vital to a community, and that community support sustains the school. We are asking you to help plant a seed for public education in this community, helping us to create strong roots so our children can grow and thrive. Whether you have young children, children who are all grown up, or no children at all; Whether your children attend Jenks or another school -- your support is needed to ensure that a quality public education option is available right here in our neighborhood.
As one of four schools selected for the district's School Redesign Initiative, and with a new name and STEM/Arts focus, the school is positioned for growth and renewal like never before. Now is your chance to help plant a seed for the future.
Three ways to donate:
- Drop off your cash or check donation to any of the donation boxes hosted at various Chestnut Hill businesses. A complete list of participating businesses is below:
- Donate by credit card. Just click on the thermometer on the right!
- Mail us a check (made out to Friends of J.S. Jenks, P.O. Box 27124. Philadelphia, PA 19118).
Thank you to our Participating Businesses:
- Bredenbeck’s Bakery
- Brunettes Bookshop Bakery (Market at the Fareway)
- Taste of Philly
- J. McLaughlin
- Poppy’s Café (Market at the Fareway)
- Perfect Stitch
- Greene Street Consignment
- Greene Street Consignment Kids
- Fiesta Pizza
- El Quetzal
- The Bone Appetite
- Windfall Gallery
- Chill on the Hill
- Chestnut Hill Community Association
- Chestnut Hill Welcome Center